My kids love pancakes! They would have them everyday if I could be bothered making them! I was a sick of making the same egg, flour and milk pancakes so I decided to mix it up a bit!
These ended up unintentionally being vegan which is a bonus for those of you who don’t eat any animal products. You could easily adapt this recipe with what fruit you have laying about. I used apple, banana and strawberries but you could substitute for pear and blueberries or raspberry and plum (although they would be red). You can also use whatever milk and flour you would normally use. As they don’t contain any eggs they are a great allergy friendly lunchbox snack or for afternoon tea when you have other kids over.
These are also great for bubbas who are starting to eat finger food. You can make them in a small size for them and even pack them for when you are out and about. They also freeze well if you wanted to make a larger batch to have some on hand when you can’t be bothered making lunch or snacks! If you are making them for bubs under 1 I would advise not to put the strawberries on top unless they are used to chewing them within food.
Cinnamon Fruit Pancakes
Chopped strawberries for top
220g flour (I use GF flour but any plain flour will work)
200g coconut milk (I use carton coco quench organic coconut milk but any milk will work)
1/2 tsp bicarb soda
1 drop Cinnamon Essential Oil (doTERRA only)
Oil or fat of choice for frying
Maple syrup or honey for serving
1. Add cored apple into thermomix or high powered blender and chop speed 5 10 sec
2. Add banana and mix speed 4 10 sec or until mixed with apple
3. Add all other ingredients and mix speed 4 20 sec or until well combined
4. Heat oil or fat of choice in fry pan and add spoon fulls of mixture into fry pan
5. Add strawberries or other chopped fruit onto top
6. Flip once bubbles start to appear – cook through as desired
7. Serve with maple syrup or honey
Would love to hear what you think if you make them! Drop a comment below or tag me on Instagram @tribe.for.life